LASIK (Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis) eye surgery is helpful in improving a patient’s vision to the extent that he/she does not require using contact lens or spectacles.
The entire procedure is fast and simple and usually does not have any complications or side effects. Generally, a surgery does not take more than 15 minutes to complete and many patients feel the improvement imminently after operation.
However, there are certain patients who take six months for recovering from the operation and attaining stabilized vision. There are certain steps that an individual needs to take after undergoing surgery for ensuring proper healing of the eyes.
• After the operation, the patient needs to take a small nap for reducing the post-operative problems and let the eyes rest.
• It is advisable to avoid rubbing the eyes for one week, because this is the critical stage and there is constant feeling of burning sensation in the eyes. If an individual rubs his/her eyes after the operation, then the eyes may inflate.
• Most of the surgeons prescribe anti-biotic medicines, which the patients need to take for a few weeks after the surgery. These medicines are helpful in healing the patient’s eyes and avert any possibility of infection while recovering.
• An individual can make the use of eye drops for ensuring that his/her eyes are moist throughout the day. If you experience any sort of discomfort in the eyes due to the dryness, use the prescribed eye drops by the doctor. If the patient is watching T.V or surfing on the Internet, then there is greater possibility of his/her eyes drying up, so always carry eye drops.
• Wear sunglasses if you experience sensitivity with lights after the surgery.
• It is advisable not to exercise for giving rest to the eyes. If possible, give a week’s rest, because this may ensure fast recovery followed by the lasik eye surgery.
• Avoid all sorts of cream and make-ups for a few days, because they can have adverse affects.
Nelson Carlin writes informative and unique articles about Wavefront Lasik and lasik surgery. One thing that separates Nelson Carlin from others is the passion he puts into it, knowing full well and respecting the time viewers spend on reading his work.