Are you one of the many online small eCommerce businesses that believe that they have a great website but is still seeing their conversion rate suffer? Believe it or not this is something that happens far too often. There are a couple of possible explanations to why this is happening. The first is that your website isn’t as great as you think and you actually need to contact a Phoenix web design company to help you redo your website. Or second there could just be some things that you are doing wrong on your website and when you change these things you will notice your conversion rate jump. Besides this is your ultimate goal. So what are some of the small things websites do that have a negative impact on their business?
1. Highlight Your Most Popular Items – Just like with a store front you want to highlight your best selling products and the same goes for an eCommerce website. Why would you hide the items that are your hot sellers on inside pages of your website? You want to put your best selling products on your home page.
2. Add Products to Your Check Out Page – When a customer is checking out it is a perfect time to offer items that they also may be interested in on the checkout page to see if you can possibly sell additional items. This is the same reason when you go to Target or Wal Mart you see all the little items by the cash register. They are hoping to catch your eye and make an additional sale.
3. Add a Chat Function – When a customer is on your checkout page and has been there for more than a couple minutes it is wise to engage that customer and see if there is something that you can assist them with. That is exactly what a chat function will allow you to do.
4. Availability of Your Staff – There is nothing more frustrating for an online shopper than when they have a question and attempt to contact the company and there contact information is nowhere to be found or when they try to call them nobody ever answers. If you want to be successful you have to have an open line of communication between you and your customers. Remember it is your customers that are paying your bills so you need to treat them like they are.
5. Expand Your Boarders – One of the biggest benefits of having an eCommerce business is that you can reach a much larger target audience. This being said you should start marketing to people outside of your town. To find out more about internet marketing such as SEO, PPC, and Social Media Marketing contact your Phoenix Web Design company.
6. Evolve – Like all technology the internet is always evolving and because of this you need to make sure your company evolves with it. One example how the internet is currently evolving is mobile devices. It used to be that everybody visiting your website was using a laptop or desktop computer. In the very near future the majority of the people visiting your website will be using a smart phone or tablet so in order to evolve with the internet it is critical that you make sure that your website is mobile compatible.
The conversion rate of your eCommerce website is ultimately the one thing that truly matters. You can get a million people to your website but if none of them convert what good is it. Running an eCommerce business you depend upon sales and there is a lot that goes into getting a sale. It is different than hiring salesman you have to turn your website into the salesman and in order to be successful you must equip the website with the proper tools and layout.
The author expertise in the fields of online marketing in USA, HireAwiz. Want to know more about Phoenix Web Design Company or call us 623-349-4732 or visit http://www.hireawiz.com/