You wake up in the morning and immediately a negative thought comes into your head. Maybe it’s something that’s been on your mind, a concern or an unresolved situation. Sure enough, not even a minute after you’ve opened your eyes, you’re right back in the thick of that stressful thought process.
Does this sound familiar to you? Do you wish you could turn that negative auto responder OFF?
Time to WORK-OUT your thinking!
We go to the gym to exercise our body. Well, the same principle applies to our thoughts! The mind will stay in its old patterns unless you show it a new routine to follow.
A daily workout:
1) Be silent for the first minute after opening your eyes. This is a good time to channel your energy. Visualize your day as you would like to see it happen.
2) Take a moment to give thanks for all you have. There is always something to be thankful for. Expressing gratitude is powerful.
3) Self Talk. Yes, that means to talk to yourself. As you begin this process of developing a new skill, reminding yourself to stay focused on what you choose to think about is key .
4) Have a daily practice. Read something that is life affirming, write in a journal, make a daily wish list.
5) Sing! Sing something passionate, something upbeat. There’s nothing like a good song in the morning to start your day off on a positive note!
6) Practice self appreciation. Look in the mirror and say something nice to yourself. Example: “I am really proud of myself.” or, “I know I’m going to resolve this.” Whatever your current situation, show yourself some love. This is a very powerful exercise!
7) Keep it simple, keep it consistent. Small daily actions can make big changes!
The important thing to remember is that the mind is very much like a computer. It has been programmed a certain way. When we choose to change our thinking, we need to go through our files, and send some of that data to the trash. Use your mental delete button!
The next step is to carefully choose what information we’re going to upload and begin to use.
Taking the time to exercise control over your thinking with a well thought out program will be a great beginning. Like anything worth having, it just requires dedication and action to see results.
You CAN do it!
As a highly sought after Spiritual Life Coach, Mind/Body Cleansing Coach, Hara lectures coast to coast on the importance of diet, detox, cleansing and forgiveness.