Liver, the largest organ in human body toils enough to keep your body free from toxins and your blood pure. We in our daily life eat a number of foods, drink a number of fluids, pop in variety of pills and everything ultimately reaches the liver where the bad substances are filtered from the good ones and then eliminated from the body through the excretory system. Liver is a self-sufficient organ and can perform its functions without any aid. But due to certain factors in some cases liver may become too congested with toxins. A congested liver cannot perform its functions well. Its functioning slows down or one may even say that the liver has become sluggish or stagnant. In such a situation liver fails to keep your blood toxin free and serious health issues may crop up consequently.
The causes of liver congestion include high intake of toxins, reduced bile flow or a halt of bile flow, consumption of carbohydrate rich diet etc. Congested liver produces symptoms like fatigue, constipation, bloating, depression, skin problems, breathlessness, obesity, dark circles under eyes, acid reflux, allergies etc. A congested liver may lead to ailments like diabetes, jaundice, asthma, fibromyalgia, cardiac issues etc.
To help liver function properly, you should take up a liver detoxification or cleansing program periodically. If liver is cleansed, liver function is improved and a sound liver health reflects on your overall health. However liver cleanse program should be preceded by a colon cleanse and kidney flush program. This will make your liver cleanse program a complete success.
Ways to cleanse liver naturally:
1. Here follows a popular natural liver cleansing recipe: The ingredients required are olive oil-1 cup, Epsom salt-4 tablespoons, grape juice-3 cups and grape fruit. On the day you are planning to go for the liver cleansing program, take no medications and take a low fat breakfast. Make sure that you have not eaten anything since the last 4 hours before beginning the cleansing program. It is best to do this in the afternoon. The method is as follows: mix the entire amounts of Epsom salt and grape fruit juice to make 4 servings of the mixture. Take 1 serving followed by another after 2 hours. Then squeeze out juice from the grape fruit, mix with olive oil and drink the mixture at an interval of 2 hours from the last drink. Then go off to sleep immediately.
On waking up next morning, take the 3rd serving of Epsom salt-grape juice mixture and after 2 hours take the last serving of the mixture. You can resume your normal diet 2 hours after the intake of the last serving. This completes your liver cleansing program. You may have diarrhea after this. Do not panic for your liver is actually getting rid of wastes and toxins.
2. You can drink tomato juice or apple juice for 2 days to get your liver cleansed.
3. Rubbing castor oil on the abdomen twice a day can clean your liver.
4. Manage your stress by practicing deep breathing, yoga or meditation.
5. Consume diet high in fiber and low in fat.
6. Intake of herbal tinctures of dandelion, milk thistle, burdock helps in liver cleansing.
7. Sitting in a sauna or taking a detoxifying foot bath can also cleanse your liver.
8. Hydrotherapy is an effective liver cleansing measure.
Read about Herbal Liver Cleanser. Also know Herbal Treatment for Diabetes. Read effective Herbal Treatment for High Blood Pressure.
Dr Easton Patrick